Editor Kay Kassirer is currently seeking submissions for the 2019 Thorntree Press anthology A Whore’s Manifesto: a collection of art and writing by current and former sex workers, with a foreword by Clementine Von Radics. If you have you ever worked as an escort, sugar baby, stripper, cam model, porn performer, prodomme or prosub, or elsewhere in the industry, please consider sharing your story (anonymously or not) with us and with the world.
Our goal with this anthology is to give sex workers a platform for their stories. Contributors whose pieces are selected will be paid an honorarium of US$100.
- Belong to any art form that can be rendered two-dimensionally. Poetry, prose, visual art, photography, music, we want it all!
- Be in color or black and white (if art). If your art piece is selected, will will request a high-resolution scan or photograph, or access to the original piece so we may take an appropriate scan.
- Use any name, work name, real name, pseudonym, etc.
- Come from anyone who identifies as a current or former sex worker
- Be about sex work or be completely unrelated. We want to humanize sex workers, so not all submissions need to revolve around work. That being said, pieces about work are encouraged as ,well.
- Include between one and five pieces. Please keep any writing under 1,000 words. (Please note that payment will be made per contributor, not per piece.)
We highly encourage work from BIPOC, disabled, queer, trans and nonbinary, and other marginalized workers.
To submit, please go to the submissions page. Email Kay at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Deadline for submissions is November 8, 2018.